Thursday, June 17, 2004

Much More To Come

Hey there, gang. LF here, posting from 5,000 feet over the Antarctic. Don't worry, I'm not turning into some kind of virtual David Blaine - it's part of an assignment I'm working on. A story that, if it's published and I receive a respectable fee, will blow the lid off the Bush administration, OPEC, the National Park Service, professional wrestling, and also explain why last season's episodes of The Sopranos sucked. If I don't post here for a while, it'll be because I've been murdered by the CIA. If I do post...well, that'll just show you how ineffectual our intelligence agencies have become.

You may have noticed that the pace has slackened off a bit here on Lomblog lately, from our April-May "hot streak" of typically one-post-a-day to a more miserly one-post-every-other-day. This is not, as some have charged, because I've recently rediscovered Tetris. It's because I've been working overtime on this story, which will almost certainly shift the tectonic plates under Washington and the Teutonic plates on the chests of zaftig female opera singers. Be prepared to have your mind blown. Some of the information I've collected is so hot, I'm not even sure I can verify it.

But don't expect the site to go dormant while I'm away. Until I return - if I return - a rotating group of guest bloggers will fill in for me. Yes, yes, I know, this is exactly how Jay Leno got started. I promise you this will work out much better. I'm a young man, so the time when I retire is still at least eight years in the future.

Anyway, these posters will be guests on my site, so don't treat them rudely. Treat them as you would any other blogger who is obviously my lesser but still worthy the respect accorded a fellow human.

Keep me in your thoughts and Favorites folder,

LF

No comments: