Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Lomblog Classics Restored!

You've probably seen me mention - actually, "mewl" might be more apt - a time or two that some classic Lomblog posts from the archives had disappeared from the site recently. Well, apparently, the commercial pressure applied by my readers on Blogger, Google, and all related products has prompted a reversal of this egregious injustice. The four missing posts (here, here, here and here) have now been fully restored (courtesy Graham of the Blogger Support team) in special deluxe editions that include all the original writing and graphics. Not a moment too soon, as I understand bootleg copies of these files have been turning up on e-bay recently, with bids going as high as 55¢ - and no, that is not a typo. (I used Buy-It-Now) So click the links above if you want to check out posts you missed when they first appeared, revisit old favorites, or just take a look back at what life was like in the olden days of early May, 2004. After all, I originally wrote these items with the idea that anyone could read them, not just the obsessive collector-types that have to have everything I ever put my screenname on, no matter the strain on the wallet (though that's an impulse I understand completely).

Join me tomorrow for a very special Lomblog that will forever change the way you look at teenage eating disorders.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's me again, Anon. I have noticed the amount of censorship the Lomblog has to deal with, and I was glad to see you mention Ann Coulter (a woman who knows how to deal with censorship) in one of your recent posts. That being said, I am not sure you'll be at liberty to answer my question, but I know you have often found yourself to be "no stranger to the rain" and yet somehow have the ability to overcome adversity.

While reading Party of One: The Loner's Manifesto, I glanced at the television and started watching an episode of Seinfeld. The main character, "Jerry", has an arch nemesis, "Kenny Bania", who seems to always try and steal "Jerry's" thunder. I was wondering if you, too, have an arch nemesis other than Billy Crystal?

LombaireFan said...

Thank you again for your kind comments, Anono. You know, I actually asked Ann Coulter to guest-blog while I was away at Cannes. I'm afraid she was scared off by the Mohammed fish.

For the record, I don't really hate Billy Crystal (and that's saying something for a guy that spent $7.50 on Forget Paris). No, my only nemeses are bigotry, injustice and that guy from Coldplay that supposedly knocked up Gwyneth Paltrow. I say "supposedly" because he refuses to yield to my calls for a paternity test. I mean, I'm willing to go on Maury and put my specimen on the table, why isn't he? What's a matter, limey boy - are you "Yellow"? Ha.

Anyway, thanking you again for your kindness, I remain...

Lombaire Fan